What help is there for me if I am elderly, vulnerable or shielding at home?
We're welcoming workers from Marie Curie and CLIC Sargent charity shops - whose doors may need to close due to the current Coronavirus crisis - to help support elderley and vulnerable customers in our stores.
While they are working with us, in our stores, their roles will focus on:
- Shopping for the vulnerable in our local communities
- Helping the elderly and vulnerable with their shopping so they get what they need
- Helping the elderly and vulnerable at the checkouts and helping them with their bags
- Taking items to food banks and other charities, who are desperately in need of supplies
- Replenishing items that are needed by the community
They'll join our store colleagues - working so very hard to feed the nation - to provide the best shopping trip we can for those customers that most need our support and to take essential items to food banks.
We’ve also set up a call centre that customers can phone and place an order from a list of 46 items that their local store Community Champion will deliver to them at home the next day, where they can pay by contactless payment to minimise contact.
Additionally we have set up a website whereby you can purchase a gift card so that another person can do your grocery shopping on your behalf. To find out more information please visit our blog.
Updated on: 27 April 2020